A word to the wise: Before we start working towards helping you become a more Productive Artist, I want you to first and foremost identify what kind of help you really want, and what you are trying to accomplish.
- Are you trying to streamline your day-to-day routine to better manage your unproductive chaos?
- Or are you looking for ongoing outside support that will help manage that chaos for you?
I ran into this issue with one of my clients, and had to have a second discussion to re-align our common objectives — not necessarily a problem and definitely worth doing, but I recommend learning from my experience and figuring this out first, so you don’t have to waste any time later on down the line.
It’s always important to first identify what your goals are with each action you take, so you know exactly where you want to go with it & what you want to get out of it. This is key with any interaction you have in life, so I deem it extremely relevant to highlight before we begin.
With every interaction you encounter, ask yourself 3 things:
- What is the action that must follow next (and who needs to do it)?
- What is the priority of this action (how soon does it need to happen)?
- What do I want to achieve from this?
OK now that I’ve said my piece — and you’ve hopefully pinpointed what it is you really want — let the journey towards productivity commence!